Posting for the first Wednesday of the Month, October 2, 2019
Because I’m in the final editing stages of my upcoming book, Love’s New Beginnings, which I plan on publishing in October, I thought I’d share some encouraging thoughts and moments I’ve experienced in my forty years as a writer.
11 Reasons Why I Continue to Write
- Opening a box of newly published books never gets old. Never.
- If I don’t write, I get grumpy.
- I like to believe that one day I will be a best-seller author and have my story portrayed on the screen. At this point, I’m not fussy; while I had preferred the big screen, the little screen will do just fine.
- I get to hang out with other writers! And, they are the best people ever. They know how to spell! They laugh a lot. They know how to add to my idea, thus making it a great idea. They’re just as geeky about grammar as I am! They get me.
- I’ve become an expert in something: plotting, developing characters, writing, punctuations and grammar, writing loglines.
- I get to have geeky conversations on Facebook, such as whether the Oxford comma is needed or not. And, the conversations create more posts from one question asked than any political conversations elsewhere.
- Books and movies—old and new—get recommended.
- It’s okay that I have a lot of books. Lots.
- When writing, I enjoy losing track of time.
- It’s the only way I can get the voices out of my head.
Oh, and Reason #11 – Do I really need a reason when it’s pure fun?
Why do you write?
Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer – aim for a dozen new people each time – and return comments. This group is all about connecting!